Skip to main content

Hitting Rock Bottom is a good thing! Here’s Why



It’s another “Make or Break” moment and what are you going to choose? Faced with such a situation you can’t really think clearly and it’s hard to make any decision to be honest. However, I want you to reflect on some dark times in your life where you hit rock bottom and locked yourself up in a “state of no return”. Now, think about where you are right now and ask yourself if that moment in life made you stronger or not.

Truth is Bitter

As much as we love to turn back time and make things right, we can’t. This is reality and we need to accept that. Acceptance for me has led the way to the path of healing.

Hitting Rock Bottom

Now, I will be very honest with you. I’ve hit rock bottom a countless number of times and every single time I have been very hard on myself (which is not fair to do) and I’ve felt as though I have no point in living anymore. This isn't right and let's see how I overcame these needless thoughts and feelings.

Break the chain 

I did manage to go one step further and think about others who might be affected if I wasn’t around. My parents (who cared for me since my first cry), my friends, my work colleagues, my pets, and everyone else who I may shed light on even without my knowledge. My thoughts ran deeper and then realized that I am blessed to have what I have – a Life! We all have a purpose and it’s alright if you cannot figure out what it is.

Bouncing Back 

Resilience is an essential quality that you need to have. Not everyone is born with it so I had to nurture it within myself. This really paid off. Looking back at the past 10 years I have had many make or break moments where I have felt embarrassed to bits, scared to death, heartbroken, and insecure. However, each of these experiences has made me stronger over time. It has helped me become a better person.

The Silver lining

Always know that every dark cloud in your life has a silver lining. It’s time to break out of that shell you are in and find peace in the fact that tough times never last, but tough people do. So every time you make that conscious effort to overcome hurdles in life that put you down, you should be feeling like a hero in a movie walking out of danger.

Lastly, remember, it’s okay to fail, it’s okay to feel heartbroken and most of all it’s okay to feel what you feel. You are unique in every way and find your unique way of overcoming hurdles in life that works for you.

We are in this together!💪

visit my blog for more!
Don't forget to share with friends 😊

Mahen Brendon Makalande
Sri Lanka
Email me at – mahenmakalande94@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Good read! Completely agree - our past is what shapes us who we are today. Learn from the past and conquer the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot brother. Glad you can relate to my thoughts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

A looming energy crisis or one step closer to sustainability?

The impact would be devastating if we don’t prepare for what I am going to tell you about. This is just a thought that came to my mind while I was peering out of my window one hot sunny morning during lockdown (29 th of April 2020 to be precise). I was procrastinating every time my mind told me that I should put my phone and laptop to charge and it so happened that we lost the electricity supply for a short time. My mind was full of regrets now. Thankfully though, the electricity came back within minutes. Putting this into perspective The household energy and water consumption levels are probably at extremely high levels with all family members forced to stay home due to Covid-19. You cannot deny the fact that the majority of us rely on our electronic devices such as our “can’t do without mobile phones”, laptops, TVs, fans, air conditioning (If we are lucky), Wi-Fi routers, etc. etc. I am not going to ask you whether you can afford to do without any one of the

Fashion Designer Minnelli Abayaratna on The Importance of Supporting Local Brands

As a fashion designer, I strongly believe we have to be aware of the story behind products and the people who are involved in the process of its production . Having been involved in the fashion industry for a number of years, I’ve gathered experience in a start-up and a few of the more recognised labels in Sri Lanka . Since we are now facing a pandemic on a scale that we haven’t seen the likes of for more than a century I thought it was important for me to talk about the importance of supporting local brands. I want to share the story behind my favourite type of fabric to work with. It is that of the handloom textile. The history behind traditional handloom weaving in Sri Lanka dates back to the times of the Indian Prince Vijaya and quite possibly before that. It is said that upon his arrival on the island in 543 BC, he witnessed a woman called Kuveni from the indigenous race “Yaksha Gothra” spinning yarn - she would go on to be his wife. The local handloom industry acquir

Expressing Yourself With Your Car | Part 1 | Easy

Whether you drive a Maruti or the most expensive car in the World, there's a way you can create a character of its own to reflect your tastes, preferences and attitude. When this is done, there's no longer a "Maruti" or a "most expensive car in the World", but rather a "one-of-a-kind ride" which is truly yours and can be differentiated from the rest! In this article I will give you some tips on how you can enhance the apperance of your vehicle while being on a budget! Expressing Yourself We all crave to be different, to express ourselves, to be unique etc. Some do this by way of fashion, singing, gymming, sports and many other ways, but some do it using their cars. I really find it fascinating as to how creative people can get and how they could transform the look of an average car into something so special and unique. Once Upon A Time Since 2003 (when the 9 year old me started to realize that car modifications aren't limited to PC games such a